Be a part of a dynamic team and growing team working for one of BC’s best Automation and Control Systems Integrator!
In this role you will combine your expertise in control system design, programming, testing and commissioning to provide quality automation solutions for industrial clients around the world.
As with any System Integrator, travel is required to be effective in this role. While on the road throughout BC, USA, and even Europe, you’ll work with customers, local suppliers and equipment OEM’s to deliver world class solutions that exceed the clients expectations.
Our client recognizes that many people have young families so the team shares the load for travelling to customer sites, creating opportunities for staff to thrive both in and out of the office.
We are primarily looking for Controls Engineers and Technologists with Allen Bradley PLC’s but would be happy to speak with you in more detail if you have a minimum of 5 years experience as an Automation Engineering or Technologist.
- Designing control systems for industrial applications and making changes to existing systems as needed;
- Producing and updating design drawings using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical;
- Completing documentation to record design activities, including work plans and work performed;
- Designing software systems for industrial applications and making changes to existing systems as needed;
- Documenting software designs on suitable platform;
- Developing automation programming for PLC, HMI, Historian, VFD, PC, and other systems as required;
- Creating code for database solutions and other IT platforms;
- Performing FAT testing to a documented test plan in office or at client site;
- Conducting scheduled commissioning services at client site which may occasionally occur after hours, on weekends, or during statutory holidays;
- Effectively communicating project progress with clients that is consistent with project goals and organizational interests;
- Traveling to client sites in other cities to perform work as required;
- Prioritizing tasks efficiently to meet deadlines and providing time estimates and feedback to project managers; and
- Completing timesheets with work hours and comments each week in a timely manner by cutoff.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Automation Engineering or Technologist role or equivalent position;
- Experience using the following systems:
- PLC’s: Allen Bradley
- HMI: FactoryTalk and Aveva InTouch
- Historian: FactoryTalk or Wonderware historian.
- VFD’s: Allen-Bradley
- Automation IT: Ethernet, DeviceNet or similar