Kelowna, BC (Onsite), preferred
Lower Mainland homebase, working remotely and commuting occasionally to the Kelowna office as needed.
Do you love a challenge? Are you a natural born leader and influencer when it comes to interpreting numbers? Most importantly do you love the energy of a start-up where you can create policies and procedures?
If you answer yes to all these questions, then our client wants YOU!
Arbutus Search Group is seeking a Director of Finance to join our client, an innovative leader in the Canadian Cannabis industry.
Reporting to the CFO, this role oversees the Company’s financial planning and analysis reporting functions while focusing on the strategic goals of the business.
- Excellent Medical & Dental Plan
- Fun corporate events for staff
- Drafting MD&A and assisting with Financial Statements prepared in accordance with IFRS
- Developing management reports showing financial results, period end financial position, forecasts, and relevant KPIs
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring internal controls, working with the Director and Financial Reporting to implement ICFR
- Collaborating with facilities and management team to prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Conducting financial analysis to provide insight into the operations of the business, particularly at the facility/operations level
- Working with the Controller to complete monthly consolidated financial statement close process
- Preparing competitive analysis and industry benchmarking reports
- Overseeing the preparation of deferred income taxes, income tax filings, and tax planning initiatives with cooperation from consultants as needed
- Providing assistance to external auditors during annual audit process
- Assisting with all financing activities
- Participating in due diligence activities associated with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Supporting various Health Canada reporting requirements
- Facilitating execution of the global insurance process for the company
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial reporting/forecasting capacity, following CPA Designation
- 5+ year’s experience working in public practice
- Knowledge of current accounting practices under IFRS
- Expert computer skills using MS Office Suite and accounting software
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deliverables, coordinating multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent attention to detail with a proven need to strive for continuous improvement
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- No criminal record
- Experience in Cannabis, Manufacturing, and/or Food Production
- Experience with team management