Arbutus Search Group is seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join a dynamic team for an exciting and growing company that thrives on quality and innovation.
Our client is a structural engineering, manufacturing, and construction company that is internationally recognized as an innovator in timber construction. They specialize in designing, fabricating, and erecting timber structures that incorporate steel, glass, concrete, and other materials.
- Reconciling Balance Sheet accounts and performing journal entries for month-end close and associated accruals (ex. prepaids, foreign exchange revaluation, and amortization);
- Generating Divisional Overhead Statements for management at the department and senior level;
- Managing Inventory Control for raw material, work-in-progress, and finished goods;
- Maintaining relationships with general contractors to ensure timely processing of monthly progress billing;
- Employing project-based US and Canadian Accounts Receivable processes, including billing, collections, and discrepancy resolution;
- Producing Aged Receivable Report for management review;
- Contributing to weekly Cash Flow Forecast;
- Maintaining and processing Employee Time Sheets for US and Canadian entities;
- Reviewing daily bank account transactions and entering associated data into ERP;
- Monitoring and reviewing ERP workflows and assisting in administration of ERP and related system enhancements;
- Analyzing and reconciling General Ledger and vendor accounts;
- Assisting in the implementation of Product Costing and Analysis for manufactured products;
- Generating ad hoc analytical reports, as required; and
- Providing support and back up for General Finance and Administration duties as well as vacation coverage including payroll, Accounts Payable, and project costing, as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience with Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and general operational accounting in a company with US and international operations;
- 2+ years’ experience in Inventory Analysis and Control;
- Degree in Business or Financial Accounting;
- Advanced level use of Excel and other MS Office products;
- Experience with Explorer Contract Manager ERP software;
- Experience in Manufacturing and Construction Project Costing and Control;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide successful resolutions to issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively across all disciplines;
- Demonstrated ability to scope, schedule, and monitor individual deliverables with a high personal commitment to deadlines, quality, and accuracy;
- Flexibility to be a self-starter handling tasks independently with minimal supervision, with the ability to effectively work in a team environment with mutual respect, courtesy, and support;
- Capacity to maintain composure, tact, and discretion during stressful situations in a dynamic company environment; and
- Passion for detail and an eye for economy.