Full Time, Permanent, Remote
The terminal is located in Alabama, USA. It involves occasional travel to its location.
PE in Alabama or another State that could stamp an Alabama drawing.
If you are a driven engineer who loves working with people in a highly collaborative and innovative environment, we want to hear from you!
Our client is one of North America’s BEST industrial Automation integrators and they are looking for an Electrical and Controls Engineer to join their team of talented engineers to ensure the technical execution, quality, and success of the EIC system design and programming for a variety of greenfield and existing industrial applications. As part of the team, you will work on challenging projects, adapting to evolving client technologies and requirements while ensuring compliance with electrical codes and standards.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire team members inside and outside their department, communicating effectively with clients and vendors. They will have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to quickly identify problems and develop effective solutions while managing multiple priorities.
- EIC engineering and design for greenfield and existing industrial applications.
- Utilizing standard engineering tools and software to validate electrical systems.
- Using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical to produce and make changes to design drawings.
- Developing panel layouts and BOMs for custom control panels, creating drawing sets and electrical schematics per UL508A and CEC standards.
- Developing equipment and instrument lists per customer specifications and generating PLC IO list and PLC rack layouts.
- Designing network panels and creating network topology drawings.
- Producing safety systems by designing safety architecture drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Generating single line diagrams, sizing circuit breakers, cables, and VFDs, and calculating load demand.
- Performing simulations and developing drawings for lighting and emergency lighting.
- Writing technical documentation to support design activities and document work plans and work performed.
- Interpreting specifications, ensuring compliance with company standards and client requirements, and providing feedback for any necessary procedure changes.
- Corresponding with electrical fabrication shops and contractors.
- Inspecting electrical components during and after installation, performing FAT testing in-house and occasionally at remote locations.
- Performing commissioning services at the client site as needed as per the commissioning schedule which will require work to be completed after hours, on weekends, and on statutory holidays from time to time.
- Managing individual projects to ensure they are prioritized and completed to schedule, communicating effectively with the client about project progress in a professional manner.
- Entering work hours and comments into the timesheet program every week within deadlines.
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Professional Engineer designation (PE) for the state of Alabama (Plus).
- 3+ years’ experience in a role involving industrial machine design and electrical/control design.
- Experience with CAD software, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Experience designing power distribution systems (120V to 15kV).
- Experience with PLC programming (Rockwell).