Arbutus Search Group is seeking a Manager of Field Operations to join a dynamic team for an exciting and growing company that thrives on quality and innovation.
Our client is a structural engineering, manufacturing, and construction company that is internationally recognized as an innovator in timber construction. They specialize in designing, fabricating, and erecting timber structures that incorporate steel, glass, concrete, and other materials.
This role will provide leadership, planning, and management for the safe, timely, and on-budget installation of construction projects.
- Overseeing multiple job sites and the erection of Mass Timber projects;
- Ensuring internal and external resources are available to meet project schedules;
- Providing input into project sales and working estimates;
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining site safety and quality policies and procedures;
- Preparing detailed resource loaded installation schedules;
- Providing input into designs to ensure safe and efficient installation;
- Monitoring and estimating costs to ensure project is on budget;
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress;
- Working closely with project management to coordinate site deliveries;
- Obtaining client handover by area and ensuring deficiencies are quickly addressed;
- Hiring and training internal personnel to support project requirements;
- Collaborating with engineers, project managers, clients, subcontractors, etc. to determine and meet project requirements;
- Supervising staff and providing constructive feedback;
- Setting site performance goals and milestones;
- Ensuring job site remains safe, clean, and orderly by keeping track of material stock and orders, implementing safety and quality guidelines, planning inspections, and obtaining construction permits from local authorities;
- Ordering appropriate equipment and arranging regular maintenance; and
- Resolving on-site issues and emergencies.
- Minimum 5 Years experience in a construction leadership role (ex. Foreman, Supervisor, Superintendent);
- Background in Trades and/or Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field;
- Knowledge of quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction sites;
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes, including crane sizing and placement;
- Familiarity with CAD software, MS Office, and MS Project;
- Ability to lead and inspire;
- Commercial awareness;
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team; and
- Proficient IT and problem solving skills.
- Competitive Base Pay,
- Performance Bonus,
- Extended Health and Medical benefits,
- 3 weeks paid vacation (plus other paid time off),
- Opportunity to work on some of Canada and USA’s most innovative Mass Timber projects.