Arbutus Search is seeking a Mechanical Technician/Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our client who is a leader in remote access exploration drilling equipment with a reputation for excellence around the globe. Join a workplace that offers Heavy Duty Mechanics a clean “new-equipment” environment, opportunities for growth, and places high value on the success of their team members.
Are you tired of working in cold wet weather or tired of working on dirty beat-up equipment that has been abused by the operators? Our client is assembling and wrenching on new equipment only and is in need of a talented heavy duty mechanic to help build new equipment at their manufacturing facility. You’ll get to work with the latest in Hydraulic and Mechanical equipment in a clean and safe environment.
- Assembling mechanical and hydraulic components;
- Following procedures, blueprints, drawings, and diagrams in order to assemble and test parts;
- Performing process test procedures;
- Documenting and assisting in resolving product and process issues;
- Using hand tools, power tools, custom fixtures, and precision instruments to test equipment;
- Operating forklift and crane parts to move parts around the shop;
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area and components; and
- Packaging for shipping and receiving.
- High school diploma with technical and mechanical experience, completion of a college vocational/technical training program, or 2 – 5 years related experience;
- Experience working in a product manufacturing environment with an understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures;
- Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic product assembly;
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow procedures for mechanical design drawings;
- Experience with overhead crane and forklift operation is an asset;
- Attention to detail with a high regard for product quality;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and challenges; and
- Respect for understanding and following all safety rules and requirements.
- Regular staff BBQ’s;
- Bonus Plan for company and individual performance;
- Benefits: Extended Medical, Dental, etc.;
- 3 weeks vacation; and
- Hours of work approximately 8 AM to 4:30 PM initially with a 30 minute lunch break.