We are looking for a Timber Framing Carpenter to join our clients team in Columbia Falls, Montana USA. In this role you will bring at least 5 years of experience in Timber Framing and have educational training in a related area of focus.
Would you like to work for the company that has the largest manufacturing capacity of any mass timber supplier in North America? How about joining a team of caring and smart employees that support each others growth? Keep reading and apply now!
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate required materials and machinery;
- Preparing layouts using measuring tools, ensuring compliance with building codes;
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements using hand tools, machines, or power saws;
- Working with the CNC Operator to ensure state of beams are free from blemishes, mis-cuts, and incorrect holes;
- Compiling finishing measurements into data spreadsheets for reference and communicating with clients regarding issues;
- Overseeing and leading CNC framing and finishing carpentry;
- Troubleshooting issues in a timely manner;
- Complying with all safety and health regulations; and
- Maintaining the work area by cleaning and organizing equipment.
- Proven experience as a Timber or Heavy Timber Framing Carpenter;
- Leadership and supervisory experience will be an asset;
- Solid understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction;
- Excellent mathematical skills and understanding complex plans and drawings;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good physical strength, stamina, and coordination;
- Ability to work long hours standing, bending, and stooping;
- Experience with the following:
- Structural framing
- Layout & leveling
- Form detailing
- Fabrication and Installation of mass/heavy timber beams
- Construction using manufactured glu-lams, load bearing structural members, I-joists, and I-beams
- Finishing carpentry
- Project management experience;
- Working knowledge of CAD software and other computer programs; and
- Certification from a vocational school or apprenticeship program.
- Assistance with sponsorship and work permits for non-US citizens;
- Life Insurance;
- Short- and Long-Term Disability;
- 401K Plan;
- Overtime Pay;
- Travel expense coverage;
- Learning and education support; and
- Competitive pay.